Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My First Masquerade Ball Masks in the French Quarter

Sure I had seen pictures of them from time to time throughout the course of my life but for what on earth would I have any use for them. Yes they did make great festive wall decorations and in fact a friend of mine did have two of them that she used this way. However; as for myself, I just never got around to buying some and hanging them up. I am of course referring to masquerade ball masks.

My Dream Trip To Mardi Gras In the French Quarter

That all changed two years ago when I finally fulfilled my life's dream of finally experience Mardi Gras in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I just couldn't wait to get there as I packed by bags for the trip and really had no idea what to expect. Of course I had heard all the stories, but nothing could have prepared me for the reality of what it all was.

The Food Was Simply To Die For

The food was simply indescribable and it was everywhere. The sauces that they create and serve with dishes like shrimp and fried oyster sandwiches had me licking the plate when I was done eating. Then there were the French pastry shops with their endless selection of the most decedent pies, cakes and pastries. All served with the best chicory-blend coffee I have ever tasted.

My Very First masquerade Ball Masks

Then the sun went down and the festivities began. Fortunately they make getting everything you need so easy with all the little "centuries old" shops that line the streets of the French Quarter. "Stiff" drinks 2-go, in big 16 oz Styrofoam cups that you are free to wander from music club to music club with, as well as, (you guessed it), my very first masquerade ball masks.




Written by Polen Melchor. Now you can learn all you wanted to know about masquerade ball masks and even search engine optimization services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment